February 27, 2007

Last night freaking SUCKED! Sullivan was only asleep when he was attached, and even then there were 2 hours in there where he decided he just wasn't tired and I needed to deal with it. It was the night that never ended. Especially when you add Adeline's 'my tummy hurts' wakings into it.

I *Still* got up at 6:45 and went jogging though. *go me!* We started last wednesday, so I have officially done it for 1 week. Not only am I not dead (which I fully expected) but I am a little addicted to the way it makes me feel. I'm WAY more energetic during the day - and also WAY more tired at night. Which is a big change and a nice combo.

Today I attempt to make a baby carrier. I'm not the best seamstress, but its worth a shot, right?

I'm keeping the kids home from preschool. Partly just to give them a break (and their immune systems too) and partly to get myself off the hook - you know which hook I'm talking about. Its the hook that makes me dress all 4 of us, find Guthrie's homework he didn't do and have him do it quickly, force-feed breakfast and drive 15 minutes to the school. THAT hook. (hahaha, here I am talking about not wanting to do that stuff in the same entry I raved about having more energy. Obviously there is a BIG difference between energy and motivation - otherwise my house would look stellar, right?)

Did I ever mention that Sullivan started crawling a couple weeks ago? I'm not entirely sure when the normal age is to start crawling, but G and A both crawled (real crawling and hands and knees) at about 9 months. So - at 8.25 months, I'd say Sullivan stayed right in line. If he keep the same time-table they did he would be walking about 7 weeks from now - at 10.5 months. (or at least taking multiple unassisted steps!) yikes - that is just scary to think about.

I still love him even though he is keeping me sleep-deprived at 9 months old. I liked Serin's reminder (from her blog) that soon enough he'll be crawling into his own big bed and sleeping all night long without me. I need to cherish the moments. For the most part, I think I do cherish them. It must be hormonal right now - next week at this time I will be fine. (AHA moment - supply dip prior to my monthly friend. . .totally explains wanting to eat all night!)

I didn't see much of Kyle yesterday. He got home from school around 3:30 - studied until 6:30 and then ate dinner w/ us. Back to studying from about 7 until midnight when he finally came to bed. (and turned on the TV and therefore gets a little of the blame for the bad night with Sullivan, but I won't say that to his face - I'll just wait innocently until he comes here and reads this.) On the one hand - I'm proud of him for sticking to his resolution to study as much as he can during the week. On the other hand - my days suck when we don't get any time. Yeah, I know. waaaaah, wahhhh, Hanna.

3 comments:

Nash said...

I hope tonight is better for you. The eating problem, I have it too. Now that I'm done nursing I may end up with your same friend. Yeah Sully's crawling!! I like that they progress because it's exciting, but I am dreading the walking stage. It will be hard. Good luck on the carrier, I wouldn't even dare.

Ashley said...

Sorry your sewing machine wasn't cooperating. I kind of had a feeling you would be dealing with that...even my machine had to work pretty hard to get it done. When/if I come, maybe I'll try to bring my machine :)

Serin said...

LOL I love the "wait innocently" line!