February 8, 2007

Am I in the right place?

I was *so* confused for a minute when I opened the blog. I actually had to stop and ask myself how a perfect stranger could be posting. . .then I realized it wasn't a stranger it was HIM! :p

And to answer the question I KNOW you should be asking yourself: YES, I did noticed the condescending, "i have graced thee with my presence" attitude that was resonating from his words. We're gonna have to work on that.

(to the husband: thanks for making me smile!)

So, I kept the kids home from school today.

Yesterday evening after husband left, I was making dinner in the kitchen when #2 suddenly got serious and said, "Mommy, my maestra is naughty! She spank me on the bum!" ummmm, WHAT?!?!?! I asked her several times about it and each time got the same story. So, now I'm FREAKING out that someone in school has been spanking her or WORSE.

Before we EVER sent them there, TheMan and I had a little meeting with the principal specifically to discuss any kind of discipline. She assured us that they wouldn't use any physical discipline with the kids and that when they misbehaved they were told to do exercises. Umm, okay. Anyway, I've never seen anything wrong with the way they treat her, but there was one time that I came and #2 was crying VERY hard and the teacher was standing right there. I'm pretty sure they had her in timeout on against the wall.

OHHHH, I'm so torn. She always wants to go to school, but at the same time if they ARE being mean to her, she would probably still want to go. Little kids are so forgiving and easy to manipulate, ya know?

The good news is that I know #1's teacher doesn't get angry or spank. He's totally old enough to tell me, ya know? Actually, he specifically said, "My maestra never spanks me or gets mad."

Anyway, I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end of their school year. But, I'm being open-minded to the possibility.

When TheMan gets back from class today he said we could go to the school and talk to the principal about it. (I need his Spanish or I'd do it myself.)

1 comment:

Jenn S. said...

Hi Hanna!! Yay for a blog! Isn't it fun? Hmm, strange about A's comment . . . Savvy makes up some pretty wild stories sometimes, so it's hard to know what to do. Could you get a sitter for a day and observe at shcool? I bet you could get some indication of that teacher (though I'm sure she'd be on her best behavior) . . .

Yay for K. journaling - Marc never reads my blog, let alone posts - so I'm impressed!