February 4, 2007

8 month olds RULE

This is #1 at 8 months. HE definitely has the most of my genes. And check out that smile! Melts my heart!
Here we have #3. Excuse the blanket, beanbag, toys, etc. It was a spur of the moment "celebrate my 8-month birthday" picture tonight. He got so excited for each picture, I swear he was posing. I took about 8 in a row, and they all looked identical - w/ that same smile. This little boy looks JUST like his daddy!


And my beautiful baby girl at 8 months. I know she's mine, and I see some resemblance to mine and husband's family, but honestly she looks the LEAST like both of us. She's just enough of a blend to have her own look. LOVE THAT GIRL!






Baby #3 will be exactly 8 months tomorrow! I cannot believe how the time has flown. Before he was born I was altogether dreading the time flying and him becoming a toddler. Then once he was born I was terrified that those colicky days were going to last forever.


Now that he's here and beautiful and hilarious and absolutely charming - I have no complaints. He's been such a different baby from the other 2. He is by far the most willing to cuddle of the 3. I think if I was willing and able to carry and hold him all day, he would probably let me. As it is, I try to take advantage of those wiggly moments to let him get down on the floor with the toys that catch his eye.


He is in LOVE with his brother and sister. No one can get him laughing like they can. The transition to 3 kids has been tough, but thankfully it had nothing to do with sibling jealousy, just the lack of extra hands.


HE has 8 teeth, and is willing to eat small amounts of almost anything I put in front of him. There are very few things that he will eat from a spoon, though. For the most part he wants to grab, feel, and feed himself. A particular favorite has been avocado and today he was in heaven with bites from my yoghurt. Not sure if he's exactly old enough for that yet, but I went with it.




No comments: