February 7, 2007

Crunch Time!

And believe me when I say I WISH I was talking about my abs! In fact, its all about the husband and his studying.

*pause to break up fist fight between #1 and #2*

He got his test grade for the test last Friday. He passed and that means that he has officially passed one more class. There is another test on Friday at 10 a.m. and when he gets home at noon, we can have a little celebratory party because he will officially be done w/ all basic sciences for medical school! That seems SO huge to me right now!

Unfortunately, it also means that he's been completely busy and absent for the last 2 days and will continue to be for the next 48 hours. But, in the end its all worth it, right?

He went to class this morning and was back when I got home from the wive's lunch. He studied for a while, then gave a friend a ride to the mechanic to see how things were going with his car repairs. When he got home, he studied (or goofed off, not sure, all I know is I didn't see him :p ) for a little while longer and then got ready for his interview with the Stake President.

He had a High Council meeting at 7:30, so he decided just to stay at the church after his interview (over at 5:30) and study. I just caught him on MSN Messenger and he said that the STake president didn't show up until 5:30!! So, he was a minute into his interview when the next high council member showed up for his time slot. So, basically they talked for a minute and then the Stake President left because of an "emergency" in the stake. Its SO annoying that he blocked out this whole window of time for the President and this meeting tonight and in the end it won't have served any purpose. TheMan was kind of psychic about it all though. Before he left he stopped and turned back to say, "If I get there and the Stake President isn't there yet and makes me wait. . .I'm going to. . .I'll. . .Well, I don't know what I'll do. But just wait, it will happen." Fast forward to now and "ta duh!", he was right.

Anyway, I didn't accomplish much today other than completely throwing off the baby's nap by going to the wive's lunch. The weather was perfect for being outside and the lunch was held in Colomos Park.

I finally decided I better get some cleaning done after baby woke from his nap, but of course he was sad and clingy. I *So* was not in the mood to hold him, but put him in the baby carrier on my back and ended up getting the whole family room picked up, swept, and rug vaccumed. He was so happy back there (except when he saw the balloon on the ground and realized I wasnt' going to let him play with it back there behind my head. I'm such a mean mommy, huh?).

Around6:30, #1 and #2 were acting crabby (okay really #3 was too at this point.) so I put a movie on for them and nursed baby until he was asleep in my room. I put him in his crib and he actually stayed asleep. So, at a little after 7 pm, I had the older 2 happy in their beds and the baby asleep!

Now, if only that messy kitchen wasn't screaming my name. *sigh*

No comments: