August 29, 2007

First Day of School, Cont. (pics








Shelly called yesterday morning and asked if we wanted to go to the museum in the afternoon. She had invited a couple of her other friends who have kids close to our kids' ages - so I was excited to meet them. Plus, I like that it wasn't a full-day museum trip; just an hour or two before dinner.

I picked the kids up after school-and because I knew I had an hour to kill before picking up Kyle, we stopped at McD's. I got us all a chicken nugget combo to share and they played on the toys. Kyle called half an hour later and informed me that I *didn't* need to pick him up. I was still glad that we had stopped for a snack though - I think it helped the kids behave better at the museum. We got there around 3:15, just as Shelly pulled up as well.

The new friends were a lot of fun. They are from Canada -and have only been here in Guadalajara for a few weeks. Considering their short while here, they sure did seem settled and relaxed. I'm sure I wasn't so confident at that point in our own move here.

We came home and had an easy dinner (corn dogs, that I still managed to burn :p ) and the kids were in bed early. Sullivan was asleep by 6:15, Addie was asleep a little after 7, and G was in bed around 8:00 - but not asleep until 9 or so. . .still, it made for a quiet evening to get things done. I did a few loads of laundry and finally caught up on the dishes and floors.

I also FINALLY uploaded my pictures - so enjoy:

4 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, sounds like a fun time. Love the pictures! I can't believe how much the kids have grown. The two oldest are looking more and more like their daddy. Don't you love when the kid(s) are in bed early? It's nice having a little time to yurself!

Serin said...

They are so freaking CUTE! And did you make PANCAKES for them? What a good Mommy.

Ashley said...

Happy Back to School!!!! We still have 2 more weeks!

Your kids look awesome :)

Melanie said...

I can't believe how much your little Addie looks like you!!! Your kids are so dang cute. Can I just say I am thoroughly entertained by all of your posts about life as a mom. You are supermom.