March 26, 2007

Out of the mouths of (mouthy) babes. . .


Don't feel too bad for him. He was voted the cutest gringo boy in a dress in the whole country of Mexico!!

The best thing about these pictures is that I can finally see some Guthrie family resemblance. I have proof that Kyle didn't cheat on me now! (What a relief!)












The kids are in bed and I'm stealing a moment to myself. Suddenly this voice comes floating out of the bedroom :





"Mommy, you and daddy are stupid (did he really just say that??) because when we go to bed you just watch TV, and get on the computer, and do whatever you want. That's just stupid - now GET TO BED!"





Is it bad that it made me laugh?? Poor guy is going to have that rebound effect when he gets old enough to move out. He'll gain 15 pounds because he will have always wanted to eat ice cream for dinner and fastfood for every meal. He'll be a zombie because he'll stay out late just because he can. He'll wear spiderman shirts w/ green-striped pants and leave his hair uncombed for weeks at a time. He'll draw all over the walls of his nice apartments just because his mom isn't there to remind him of all the hard work it takes to get the marks off. (Thank you Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for all you do in our home.)





Sigh - I don't blame the poor kid. I LOVE BEING A GROWNUP!





I went to bed last night already tired from all the work I knew I had to do today. I tried some affirmations. I told myself I had PLENTY of energy and there are more than enough hours in the day to get it all done. I won't pretend like I got it all done, but I will say I finished everything I attempted.





The kids' room, the playroom, the bathroom, the Family Room, and the laundry all got some decent attention today. Although, now I have a mountain of clean laundry to sort and put away. (See Guthrie, it isn't all fun and games after you go to sleep.)





I feel so motivated to get the house picked up and organized. We'll be flying home to Arizona on Saturday and I've gone on enough trips and returned home enough to know that its worth any effort you expend to get the house ship-shape BEFORE you leave. Seriously, even if it means staying up for 36 hours before you leave - just do it. The feeling of walking in after a great vacation and being able to shower in your clean bathroom, then slip into your old ugly, clean PJs (because of course you took the cute ones on the trip w/ you.) and slip into your clean sheets. Seriously - PRICELESS!





When I was cleaning out the kids' room today I found a bin of some cloth diapers I haven't used in a while. (They're odd sizes or colors or just extras.) I took a couple of minutes and listed them online. 5 have already sold! (Money flows to me easily. :p ala "Remembering Wholeness." )

1 comment:

Serin said...

ROFL Guthie cracks me up!

I agree about coming home to a clean house after vacation. It's equally essential after having a baby.