January 1, 2009

Our Christmas Vacation

Hanging out in the car shortly after arriving at Grandma and Grandpa Guthrie's side of town.


If only they were always so loving. :)

The first character we found after getting to Disneyland. I was happy Sullivan wanted to play.

Riding the train back to Toon Town.

The family with Mickey Mouse. This started Sullivan singing, "Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Come inside. . .come inside." Close enough, right?

Minnie was right outside and we were able to catch her for a picture.

Sullivan was really saying, "You got shoes!" It looks more like he's checking out her underpants.

Grandma Guthrie and the kids with Minnie.

This was right after the Roger Rabbit ride in Toon Town.

The tea cups were Addie's favorite. She made us go back for another round the next day. Sullivan and Caelan had the biggest smiles for the entire ride.

We didn't realize that Star Wars had a height restriction. This picture was taken after we broke the news to Sullivan that he had to stay behind with Mommy. It was REALLY sad and involved giant alligator tears.

We left Kyle and Guthrie at the park and took Adeline and Sullivan home for a mid-day break. Lucky for Addie, we found Princess Aurora near the entrance and stopped for a picture. Adeline had sleeping beauty on her sweatshirt and loved showing it off.

Yeah. . .it was cold!

On Day 2 we let the girls wear their princess dresses.

Tea Cups -Take 2

At our rental house - showing off their ears.

Grandma and Sullivan

Family picture outside of Ariel's Grotto - the restaurant we went to for dinner on day 2.

Meeting Belle.


Meeting Cinderella.

Sullivan was in love with the princesses and seemed to have charmed them. First he trapped Snow White and took her to the window to point at the water and the lights. Soon enough, he had Snow White, Princess Aurora and Cinderella all hovered around him. We thought it was hilarious and he was in heaven.

Meeting Aurora.

Sullivan's alone time with the princesses.

On Christmas Eve we had our traditional progressive dinner. This year we basically progressed from Ashley's house to my parents. Ashley dressed the kids up and read the Christmas Story. Guthrie was Joseph and Caelan was Mary. Ainsley was a cow. Adeline was an angel. Sullivan played the shepherd.

It was a difficult labor, as you can see. Jesus was breach and stuck in her waistband. You can see the obligatory cow present for the birth.

Per a forever-tradition, we all received a present of fresh, new pj's on Christmas Eve. They didn't have much stretch for the belly - but they are cute nonetheless.

The girls' jammies.

The boys'.

All our glory. :) It was so cool to have everyone there for Christmas Eve.

Right before we snuggled kids into bed. We were all pretty tired and I think it shows.

Yup, tired - but not as weary as that pajama top is feeling right about now.

Wait - aren't they supposed to be winding down?

Christmas morning came a teeny bit too soon for Kyle.

Adeline squealed with delight at EVERYTHING. Seriously, everything (toothbrush, crayons, puzzle, etc.)



This kid loves his dinosaurs and his reaction over the knitted stegosaurus and triceratops was adorable. I love to hear him ask for them by name.
Trevor wanted a turn in the pop-up tent.

Sully LOVES his Thomas the Train. For some reason, Thomas comes out more like 'dumb a#$' when Sully says it.
The day after Christmas we drove up to Show Low to visit Kyle's sister and the rest of his family for our Christmas party. I realize now that I was pretty lame and didn't get many pictures. We had so much fun with our cousins and playing in the snow was definitely a highlight for the kids. I was a wimp and stayed tucked safely and warmly inside the motor home for most of this little excursion.



Sully and Grandpa Hunter needed a refreshing nap one night last week. Grandpa woke up and went out to dinner with us and my sister-in-law, Kizzy, and her husband, Jeremy. Sullivan enjoyed a few more hours of sleep before waking up to play with his cousins.
I am SUPER excited about this!! I wanted to get a silk sling but couldn't quite justify the $100+ cost. Ashley found a great deal on the perfect fabric and I already had the rings. Today my mom sewed this up and I tried it out on Sullivan. It is AWESOME. I love how supportive the fabric is without being overly heavy. Plus, I think the color and shine are awesome.



5 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

Your little belly is SO cute. It looks like you guys had an AWESOME Christmas. I am super jealous of the whole family being together for Christmas, it looks like it was a ton of fun.
Love ya man, love the new hair too.

taggteam said...

Wow Hanna! Your kids have grown. Everyone is so cute. I'm excited to have you in our neck of the woods. :)

Kizzy said...

you definitely were not here long enough!! we never even enjoyed the hot tub! can't wait till new york in november. disney pics are so cute. glad you guys could go do that while you were here.

Barnes Blog said...

Thank you for your comment. I'm hoping that I will be back to "normal" very soon. :) I am actually feeling really good, I am just on my 4th cold with this pregnancy, so I am super ready to be over the sickness, and I'm hoping that it'll come with having this girly. You look super cute by the way.

Kate and Cole said...

Hanna! I found your blog through Melanie's. I got your comment on facebook. So good to hear from you! So are you having a boy? Dax IS a great name. I always thought it was the cutest name. You look so cute pregnant! Your disneyland trip looks like a blast. We are planning to go next month. Reese is way into princesses. So did you do the princess dinner? I'm assuming that's what that was! How fun. We are planning on doing that too. Reese will be psyched! I love the picture of your mom. I haven't seen her forever. I would love to see you guys again. You picked the cutest names for your kids! Okay, I'll shut up now. I'll be checking out your blog often! I am going to add you to my friends and family if thats okay.
Kate