January 18, 2008

Chain-breaking.

I actually broke down last night from the stress of all this school crap for Kyle. Its not that we don't have a lot of options, its just that each option has so many potential bumps in the road and its nearly impossible for us to make a decision right now without worrying that its the WRONG decision. We're in that 'hurry up and wait' phase of life drama.

Of course, talking to my mom makes me realize that EVERYONE is having trouble with something (parents, sibs,extended fam, etc.) This makes me feel not alone, but doesn't really make me feel BETTER. I've never been the 'misery loves company' type. Knowing that other people are struggling mostly just makes me feel worse because now I'll lose sleep over them too.

So anyway, I woke up this morning feeling kind of down, but also determined to not have the day be a total bust. So, imagine my surprise when my mom called me laughing to say that my little brother won a 60-second run through Best Buy. (Basically, everything he could load onto his cart in 60-seconds is his to keep for free.) He did it this morning and walked away with a 50-inch flat screen TV, a new digital camera, a PS2 and a laptop. I decided this must be good news for the rest of us, because if one person gets so much positive energy coming their way, SURELY it will trickle down to the rest of us. Laughing, I called my brother to congratulate him and while I'm on the phone with him I hear a voice over a microphone in the background call out his name. I hear him say (to someone else), "I just won WHAT?" and then CLICK. He hung up!

A minute later he called back to say that he won an additional raffle for a Nintendo Wii. This sealed the deal in my mind. Good things are coming my way too :p Lucky for Heavenly Father, I don't need TV's, cameras, or Wii's. But, I would LOVE some guidance, certainty, and encouragement. So - I placed my order and will be waiting patiently to get it.

I'd like to thank my bro, Gavin, for breaking the negative chain that has been holding us all down. Way to "make it rain!"

Hope you are all having a GREAT day!

3 comments:

Serin said...

LOL that's AWESOME!

All that positive trickles through the internet too, right?

It's gonna be a GREAT day today! (Or as Tanner's say "It's gonna be a great day gonna happen)

5littlenordstroms said...

Thanks for that post Hanna. I really needed to what you had to say. I will be placing my order too and praying that some of that positive rain heads my way soon. We need it right now. Thanks for the encouraging thoughts.

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, I can't believe your brother won all that stuff. Jealous! How did he get picked to do the 60 second spree?