September 24, 2007

Mom's visit

I dropped Kyle off at the airport and waited around for another hour and a half for my mom to arrive. (Well, technically she arrived on the same plane Kyle was leaving on, but I still had to wait around that long.) She looked beautiful, of course and I was so thrilled and relieved that she made the trip uneventfully.

I was late to pick up the kids, so Shelley had them with her at Soccer Practice. They were both SO excited to see Grandma. The first thing out of Addie's mouth was, "Mommy, her hair changed!" The last time we saw my mom, she had light brown hair. This time it was as dark as mine and cut shorter. (Very cute!) I told my mom that we definitely look related now. The funny part is that neither of us has our natural color hair.

We went home from there and changed the kids clothes and unpacked my mom. Then we went to dinner at Taco Peton. The timing was perfect. We enjoyed our food in the empty restaurant, and then headed home to put them to bed. She and I stayed up until after 1:00 a.m. :o I don't know how it got so late. We were pretty tired the next day.

We woke before the sun on Friday so we could get the kids ready for school. We dropped them off at 8:30, and tried to kill a little time before Tianguis opened. It was the first time I've ever had a willing partner to explore the whole thing. We spent a few hours walking up and down every aisle. I bought a few different necklaces and earrings and even a shirt for myself. We stopped in the fruit and vegetable section after and picked up a ton of fresh produce for our recipe we planned on making.

Friday after school we took the kids to the museum, but didn't last very long because of Sullivan being so tired. We put him to bed when we got home and then treated ourselves to a VIP movie.

Saturday we slept in a little and then got to work on our Salsa Verde and Stacked Enchiladas. We cooked on and off all morning so we could be ready to feed the missionaries at 2:00. We were just finishing it all up when I got a phone call saying they couldn't make it. (One of them had food poisoning from the day before.) I packed a single serving and took it to the non-puking missionary.

After we ate our DELICIOUS lunch we took a NICE nap. Of course, the kids didn't eat anything we made. Apparently salsa verde isn't appetizing to vegephobics. To make it up to them we took them to McD's around 6:30 and let them play until bedtime. Mom and I watched TV and did all my laundry and then hit the hay.

Sunday we lounged for a while in the morning, then got everything packed and ready to take mom to the airport.

We checked her in and ate some lunch. Soon enough, we said goodbye to her and then proceeded to walk up and down the airport for the next 2 hours waiting for Kyle to come out of the international wing. I won't lie - it pretty much sucked.

Kyle brought me a jogging stroller. Guthrie saw it and asked him if daddies were always supposed to bring mommies presents when they go away and come back.. That made me chuckle (and the answer is, of course, YES!)

5 comments:

Serin said...

"Kyle brought me a jogging stroller" Yay!!

LOL at Guthrie, of COURSE the answer is yes!!

So glad you had fun with your mom!

5littlenordstroms said...

Hey my hubby never brings me anything when he comes home. NO FAIR!!

Sounds like you had fun with your mom. Maybe one of these days I should come down to see you too.

Stoddard Studios said...

What a fun weekend. That's so cool your mom came down to visit. She looks gorgeous, as usual. You guys do look so much alike with her hair like that. Yeah, for your jogging stroller! Awesome! Way to go Kyle.

Ashley said...

Yay pictures! I'm glad you had a fun trip and that you love your stroller :)

and jeans!!!!

Tami G said...

It was as fun as you say, thanks for having me and give the kids a big kiss and of course, give Kyle one too.....

See you soon.

Mom