December 9, 2007

Tagged!

I was tagged by ASHLEY !

Hmmmm, I don't think I can come up with 7 *interesting* things about me - but I guess it didn't say they had to be interesting; only random. Random is something I can definitely do.
1. I have gypsy-blood. Not genetically, of course. But I can hardly stand to stay still for 2 minutes, let alone stay living in 1 house for more than a year. I sometimes complain about moving all the time and having "no roots", but I wouldn't have it any other way. We've been married for 6.5 years and are currently living in our 10th house. We will move again to NYC and again to wherever our residency is (all within the next 2.5 years.) By the time Guthrie is 9 years old, he will have moved 11 times. I don't really know how to Spring Clean. . .I prefer Spring Moving. (although, truth-be-told we usually move in June.) I'm hoping that its not politically incorrect to use the term "gypsy" so loosely. Please let me know if that is actually offensive to *real* gypsies.
2. I dropped out of high school when I was 16. I woke up one day and realized that I really, truly, unequivocally hated school and if I was forced to step through those doors one more day I just might come unglued. For some reason, my mom was in an understanding mood that day. I withdrew myself, drove to the local community college to take the GED, enrolled in college, and took the ACT (I scored a 33) all in the same week. My younger brothers and sister were really excited when I did it. They thought it would pave the way for them. It didn't. My mom wasn't so understanding when they declared their hatred for school. Go figure.
3. I am a self-proclaimed birth junkie. I want to have a million kids. I love children, but more than that; I love birth. I never took drugs as an adolescent(maybe that should be its own entry) but I think the "high" I feel after having a baby has to compare. My last baby was born in a tub at a birth center in Phoenix with midwives. I have dreams of having my next baby at home with no one but my husband and myself. I can't think about it too much though, because I might convince myself that I need to have another baby *right now*! And really, that's not what I want. So, if you're pregnant and want someone to come hold your hand, or massage your back, or just cheer you on; you know who to call. If I thought it wouldn't horrify you, I would offer to show you all of my videos of giving birth. Don't worry, I know it would horrify you ;)
4. My husband and I met on a blind date* I planned on getting married when I was 25* I actually got married just after I turned 19* This has always embarrassed me for some reason* The older I get, the less I care* For 2 years prior to meeting my husband, I went out with no less than 20 blind and first dates* I went on ZERO second dates* I wouldn't have gone on a 2nd date with my husband* It bugged me that he didn't ask for my phone number* It bugged me so much, that I proceeded to convince myself that he was the *only* date in 2 years that I would have actually enjoyed seeing again* He called the next day* I was pretty dumb thinking he couldn't figure out how to get my phone number* I'm glad now that he didn't ask for it, I would have made up an excuse to not give it to him* My mom still laughs at some of the lies I would tell a guy to avoid giving out my phone number.
5. I have no taste in music. I recognize when I hear a song I like, but I couldn't name 3 current bands/groups/musicians without embarrassing myself. When left to my own devices, I will listen to Country music, the Wicked Soundtrack, or some really old Dawson's Creek soundtrack that has "It feels like home" by Natalia something-or-other. (See, I told you I can't name singers; and for all I know, she's not even a CURRENT singer.) I listen to the same 6 CD's in our CD changer over and over again. So much so, that my 5 year old can sing almost every word to "My baby loves me just the way that I am." Yes, he even says the "damn" word. When I sing it, I always say "darn." Still. I use swear words at other times, but can't shake the habit of editing Martina McBride. 2 of the 6 CD's are for kids. The Discovery Kids make a *mean* (as in good) kid's CD. If you see it, buy it. If your kids don't like it, I'll give you your money back. *You* might not like it. I will *not* give your money back for that.
6. I really, REALLY like to bake. I love the finished product and the relative cleanliness of the process. I don't really like to cook (as in dinner); more pans, dishes, ingredients, and mess involved. I probably cook a solid meal twice a week. I try to cook large meals so the leftovers can count for tomorrow's dinner. The other days we enjoy quesadillas, frozen entrees, and pasta (which hardly counts as cooking in my book.) I try to tell myself that I'll enjoy cooking in our future gourmet kitchen. I haven't figured out what my excuse will be after that.
7. I'm pretty non-confrontational. If you're ever in the mood to be assertive, condescending, opinionated, rude, overbearing, unfair, or otherwise intolerable; I'm your woman. I'll never call you out on it. I have a hard time being friends with people who are confrontational. Truly confrontational people are driven completely nuts by my lack of confrontation, and they usually want to fight my battles. I won't even confront my husband for the most part. I'm a subtle clue-dropper. My clues are usually too subtle. Sometimes he confronts me about this.
I tag. . .Serin, Tanya, Shanda, Kaylea, Jenn, Becky, and Dusty.
I promise, you won't hurt my feelings if you don't do it. It would be fun to find out more about you though.

4 comments:

Jon + Kat said...

I think your crazy on the birthing part. Seriously! I hate being pregnant (I'm sick for months) and so far my one birthing experience consists of me being induced, nothing happening, and then an emergency c-section where they knock me out and pull out Sevy in less then a minute. Originally, I thought it would be ideal to be knocked out and then wake up and have a baby, but when that actually happened, it wasn't as fun as I thought!

5littlenordstroms said...

I learned something new about you today. I learned that you and I are a lot alike. Ashley tagged me too but now I don't know what to write because it will just sound like I am copying you. I also like childbirth except I don't do it naturally. I like the drugs but secretly I wouldn't mind doing it naturally just once so I could know what it feels like. I love to bake and I also do not like confrontation. I also like to move but Danny is the one who keeps us grounded. I would move in a heartbeat and I would go anywhere. I always think of it as a really cool adventure. Anyway, Susan told me yesterday that your little arrangement was going to work out beautifully. I am so glad. I just knew you could put it off. Thanks!!

Brandon and Mandy said...

Hey Hanna, remember this, "I can't give you my phone number because my phone only dials out and I can't get calls in." Haha. That was a good one!

Mimi said...

loved reading it
"kisses"
when will you move to MN? ;)