December 15, 2007

American Academy Christmas Festival







Right after the performance, I gave Guthrie a hug and took his hat off. I immediately felt heat radiating from his head. Kyle thought maybe it was just warm because of the insulated hat, but I could tell during the program that he was tired. He kept yawning and looked so tired. He told me that his "hands hurt" and he couldn't do the moves to the songs. :(

Kyle and I had originally planned to make the night special (Sully was w/ my friend for the night.) so we decided to try taking them out to dinner. Guthrie claimed he was *so* hungry. We went to Chili's and no sooner had we ordered, Guthrie laid his head down on Kyle's lap and promptly fell asleep. One touch to his head confirmed the fever was definitely there. We ate quickly while he slept, and then drove home as fast as we could.

The next morning, Sullivan woke up with the same fever. We spent the last 48 hours with 2 sad, whiney, sleepy, feverish kids. I think they're both feeling a little better now - so we're going to attempt our ward party tonight.

Yesterday I rocked Sully for most of the day. He was finally willing to sit down on the chair alone for a minute so I could eat and use the restroom. Time kind of slipped away from me and I ended up on the computer for about 15 minutes before I realized I hadn't heard a peep from him.

It just broke my heart to see my poor guy crashed on the chair like this. This was about 5:30 pm and he slept the rest of the night off and on. (Waking up only to cry and have his diaper changed.)
Because Guthrie was sick, Adeline went to the school party on Friday all by herself. The kids didn't have to wear uniforms. Adeline picked out her outfit and told me she wanted "4 ponies" in her hair. lol!

4 comments:

Nash said...

That is the greatest "hair-do" and I have sick kids myself and am trying not to get what they have. Kennedy has the fever but we are all coughing and have crap in our throats.
Cute pictures.

Myklind said...

Hey Hanna its Myklind I came across your blog I hope you dont mind. Your kids are super cute! I cant belive you are in Mexico that is awesome. I am glad you are doing good. I am so sorry you have had little sick ones that is the worst. Our blog is at tylercoburn.blogspot if you want to look.
Myklind

Serin said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this already! Guthrie's outfit cracks me up! Sorry your babies were sick, but that pic of Sully is too cute. <3 And I love the 4 ponies in Addie's hair!

Tanya Leigh said...

Super cute pictures! And - only in Mexico do you find little Devils in the Christmas program. lol! ... I promise I'll get to the "tagged" thing soon ... ;)