December 22, 2007

Gingerbread fun!

My sweet friend Christine, baked us homemade gingerbread pieces and brought an amazing assortment of candy for us to decorate gingerbread houses. (AMAZING is an understatement considering she had to find them here in Mexico where most candy is CHILI flavored.)

This is the beginning. We had a lot of fun constructing houses that could withstand the earthquake made by 12 people piled around the table.

I got a kick out of the way she threw her arm around my neck for the picture. AWWWWW!
You can see here that we're making some progress as far as decoration goes. :)
Look behind me at our pretty poinsettias that Kyle planted! Its just so festive I can hardly stand it ;)
2/3 of my men. :) Guthrie had SO much fun and I know Kyle did too, even though he tried to pretend he was too cool.

Adeline posing (with a silly face) and her finished product. She did a LOT of this herself. I'll admit I helped with the little banana tree to the left. You know you love it.
Guthrie had a TEENY ;) bit of help from Kyle. He did design and construct the chimney column on the back of the house all. by. himself. He was so proud of his house. He kept telling people, "I have the coolest house ever. Do you want to see it?" (Even though they had ALREADY told him they loved his house and no doubt saw it countless times in the course of the activity.)


6 comments:

Myklind said...

Hey cute girl you look the same as I remeber you too. Your little family is so sweet. I love the gingerbread houses. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Serin said...

Those are so cute and I love how Guthrie spelled out his name on his! lol Those houses look way more fun than the kits they sell here. I'm impressed!

Doreen said...

Fun! Merry Christmas! :o)

5littlenordstroms said...

Your kids look so cute and I love the gingerbread houses. I tried home made one year but they didn't turn out as well as yours. So now we just stick to the graham cracker houses. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas

Mimi said...

Hanna, I looove your hair and cute outfit.

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, Guthrie did a good job! Looks like so much fun. I love decorating gingerbread houses.