February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday ASH!


Today is my older and wiser sister's birthday. She's having her "last birthday," the big 2-9. Rumor has it that Ashley and I got along really well as little girls, playing Barbies at all hours of the day, dressing up, jumping on the trampoline, etc. We went through a few not-so-chipper years during our hormonal teenage years, but I'm happy to say that we mostly came out the other end with an intact relationship. Of course, there are times that we take the liberty of family a little too far and have to beg for forgiveness, but that's to be expected, right?
She's a fabulous sister and pretty much the best aunt that a kid could ask for. I mean, who wouldn't want a generous, shopaholic for a relative? On any given day Ashley will call me from Target, Gymboree, Children's Place, or any other stop on her shopping route and ask for my kids' sizes, needs, or wants. My mom met me in Puerto Vallarta this past weekend and bestowed upon me an entire suitcase worth of clothes in newborn to 3 months sizes for our new baby - most of them compliments of Aunt Ashley.
I wish I could be there to whisk you away to a Paradise Bakery lunch and an afternoon of pedicures and shopping - but since I can't, a great, big, "YOU ROCK" will have to suffice until March when you come visit me. I promise you some fabulous Mexican shopping, great tacos, a VIP movie experience, and a steak dinner you'll never forget. MWAH!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'll TAKE it! Mom and I were verbally planning our trip today, it's going to be awesome...well you'll be postpartum and wearing adult diapers and nursing every 30 minutes, but you know, I will definitely have some fun for you ;)

Kizzy said...

fun you went to puerta vallarta! that is awesome that she hooked you up with clothes for the baby. we miss you guys. it's so hard having you gone.

Jenn S. said...

Happy Birthday Ash!