October 23, 2008

Teeth and Tushies

Guthrie had his denstist appointment yesterday. Thankfully she was able to clean out the cavity and fill it. There was some talk of it being too deep to fill and possibly needing a crown. :O I was super happy they were able to fix it and G is pretty much the best dentist goer ever. I'm pretty glad it was him (brave) and not Addie (wuss). :p While she was doing the exam, one of Guthrie's OTHER loose teeth was knocked out (it was so loose that it couldn't have taken much to free it), and he was super excited to come home and show me. I love that Addie and G both had a lecture from the dentist about teeth and they were MORE than willing to swish and brush last night and this morning. We also used it as a good chance to limit junk food and have a one treat a day, followed by a brush session attempt going on in our house.

On the tushy front, Sully is doing really great with potty training. He has the pee thing down pat and will even climb himself up to the toilet, do his business, and climb back down alone. :) He is deathy terrified of pooping though. I try to say stupid things like, "That is a good poop. Poop is GREAT!" lol - but I really just sound retarded and he isn't buying it. I remember a time when I was independent, smart and hardworking - and now I am telling a two-year-old that poop is fun! Getting him toilet trained is better than any paycheck I've ever received, so don't think I'm complaining. Its just amazing to ponder the way life has morphed.

Six weeks from tomorrow until the end of the semester. I hear there are some drug wars going on in MExico near the ARizona border. That could make driving slightly scarier than normal, but it would take more than a drug war to keep me from heading north. Nevertheless, I'll be praying for some serious peaceful resolution between then and now.

1 comment:

Kizzy said...

is my mom freaking out about this drug war thing or is it really that bad??? i am so looking forward to ya'll coming but i don't want you hurt trying to get here!!