October 5, 2008

Procrastinator!

Why does that word have a "pro" in it? Isn't that prefix usually reserved for GOOD things?? Protons have *positive* energy. The protagonist is the *good* guys in the story. Probiotics are *good* bacteria.

I have known since Friday at 11 a.m. my time that I had x amount of work to accomplish before Monday morning at 9 am. Well, here it is SUNDAY night at 9:30 pm and I can't find the motivation to finish it.

I think we had a pretty good weekend and I guess I'm not ready to admit that Monday is so near.

My mom didn't make it into town on Friday. We have rescheduled for the 24th. I told the kids she was coming and now she will be guilted into it. :p Not that she needs to be because she knows how incredibly awesome we are and she just can't wait to come spend 48 hours with us.

We decided we all needed some fun (which I realize is defined very differently depending on your status in our family, i.e. parent or child). We compromised on Carl's Jr, which just happens to be the most expensive and best tasting America fast food chain in Guadalajara, so don't think we're too cheap, mmmmmkay. It turned out to be a very good choice. The success of a family's evening out is directly proportional to the amount of time that mommy and daddy get to spend talking over a quiet table while the kids play happily (an equation that is helped out a lot by the presence of play places in nearly ALL restaurants, fast and slow food alike). We ended up staying at Carl's Jr for a ridiculous amount of time (bordering on three hours). Believe it or not, only ONE family that arrived before us had actually left at that point. Who knew it was such a hang out? Kyle and I enjoyed our conversation and repeated refills of Carl's Jr.'s giant cups (for $3 a drink, I definitely appreciate the size).

Saturday wasn't too bad either (if you can forget that I spent half my week's earning on a hair color and cut that left my hair the same color it was when I went in, regrowth and all, and a haircut that required ME to spend an hour of my time in the bathroom with my haircutting scissors and a mirror trying to straighten it out). Yeah, I couldn't forget that part either. Nonetheless, after THAT disaster was put to the back burner for a minute, we went to a baby shower/family bbq that ended up being a lot of fun. The kids played for almost four hours straight and Kyle and I again enjoyed good food and good conversation.

Somehow I realize this is sounding like Kyle didn't get anything done this weekend - but it should be noted that every OTHER minute. . .the ones that I am NOT blogging about. . .those were spent with me and the kids twiddling our thumbs waiting patiently for Kyle to geniusify behind closed doors. Okay, really we don't wait like that - but he always studies so that doesn't seem blogworthy. Work with me here.

We didn't really watch conference on Saturday (bad, bad, I know), but we were all set for Sunday. We had an easy breakfast and I made a cinnamon cake (that turned out so so) while we waited for the first session to start. Our friends, the Stilsons, ended up without internet this morning, so they joined us for both sessions (with a little break in between allowing naps for all). Overall, it was a pretty relaxed day. My mom was slightly disappointed that I didn't prepare our family's traditional conference breakfast. My reason was, "Its a lot of work when it is just our family," which I later realized sounds like I don't think MY little family is worth all that work. But really, I DO think they worth it. I was just lazy and its way more fun when my mom, dad, siblings and nieces and nephews are there to make and partake. Next conference I SWEAR I'll invite some people over and we'll keep up the tradition. Besides, I really like Honey Nut Cheerios. No really, I DO.

1 comment:

Serin said...

LOL I love it when you blog. Sounds like a fun weekend to me, minus the thumb-twiddling. ;)