February 27, 2008

So much to do. . .

SO LITTLE TIME!

Man, it seems like its been FOREVAH since I last checked my blog. Let's just say we're having a more fun than a barrell of monkeys, as Guthrie likes to say. That's only true if by "fun", you mean trips to the ER and by "monkeys" you mean dental work. :) If that is REALLY what you mean, then I guess I should have said we're having just as much fun as a barrell of monkeys. :)

What I'm trying to say is that a variety of circumstances are plotting to strip me of my sanity. For fun, we'll list the fun that we're so funningly having:
A) Mysterious swollen, red toe on the 21-month-old. Bug bite? NO. Broken bone? NO. Seriously disturbing infection of the oozing,excruciating, hideous variety?? YOU GUESSSED IT!
B) Realization that we are currently insurance-less and this sucker is NOT going away without some medical help. (Note to self: Send thank-you note to Murphy for that fabulous law. Are you healthy right now? Of course you are; YOU have insurance.)
C) URGENT CARE. 'nuff said.
D) Middle of the night, severe reaction to antibiotic in before mentioned 21-month-old.
E) One middle of the night E.R. trip, 1 steroid dose, 8 seriously nice members of the Gilbert Hospital staff (tangent: they really mean it when they say "Door to doc in 31 minutes or less." Thank goodness for small favors.), 1 prescription for new antibiotic, 1/2 bottle of Benadryl, and 1 seriously needed afternoon nap for mom and baby = "fun" (refer to aforementioned definition of this word.)
F) Temperature of 102 degrees for 48 consecutive hours in one 4-year-old female, accompanied by 3 vomit sessions; two of which landed on liquid-permeable surfaces. Also present are 2.5 days of lethargy, sleepless nights and 1/3 bottle of Febreeze. (Oh, the fun just keeps rolling in, doesn't it?)
G) New job requiring more concentration than a sleepless mother, with 2 out of 3 children ill, can muster.

Special thanks to SMASH and my mom for picking up some of the slack these last few days. Last night I was *this close* to throwing in the towel. Apparently, even with all that drama, the only thing I need to revive me is 1 sister-accompanied Gymboree shopping trip (baby sale ends soon - hurry RUN!) and some Paradise Bakery for a late dinner. It really was more fun than a barrell of monkeys - no re-definition necessary on this one.

Pictures coming soon!

8 comments:

Hanna said...

Typos are buggin' but my little edit button is missing right now :p

Stoddard Studios said...

I love your posts. You crack me up. I'm so sorry about all your drama! Let me know if I can do anything for you. We've had two sick kids too. With that I leaned that they don't make cold medication for newborns. CRAZY! So, they just have to be sick until their body decides it's done being sick. So sad!

Yeah, I got your invitation. I'll try to be there. Sounds like a lot of fun.

we totally need to get together and do something. Let me know when you have a free day.

5littlenordstroms said...

Oh my gosh! I guess when it rains monkeys it pours monkeys. That is so crazy but that goodness for a day out shopping. That usually cures just about anything. Hope things get better soon. Love ya.

Ashley said...

You know I love ya and I'm ALWAYS good for some retail therapy!

Nash said...

wait a minute! I need some retail therapy, do they take monopoly money?? WAAAAAAAHHH! Seriously I did not know it was so bad over there (20 min away). Maybe we should start making our own echinacea tinctures cause we are doing pretty good. I don't know how they help infectous toenails though. well, let the fun begin at 10am tomorrow.

Becky said...

Hanna- you have such a way of putting things. I am laughing, but I still feel bad that your sanity is on the brink. I can't say that I blame you. YIKES. Oh and what's with the Febreeze? Was she hoping it tasted as good as it smells...a third of the bottle later? Here is where a husband close by comes in handy, sigh - thank goodness for good families. I hope your luck changes Deary. Odds of that happening are in your favor. Until then hang in there!

Melanie said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! What a hectic few days!! Been thinking about you...miss ya!! :)

Doreen said...

Well, wow. That was crazy! Hope everyone is doing better by now. And I can attest to the magical workings of Gymboree retail therapy, lol. :p