February 13, 2008

I smell the stars and stripes!

1) The flight was actually pain and drama-FREE! The kids were sweet and calm. Sullivan slept for 80% of the flight. I think the secret to flying solo with three kids is booking yourself in the last row. This is in contrast to the normal thinking of the booking agents. Usually when they see I am flying with kids, they offer to move us to the front of the plane for easy boarding and un?boarding. It was nice to be hidden in the back AND the flight attendants were great about letting me stand up in the little clearing near the restrooms so I could sway Sullivan to sleep. (I was still close enough to keep an eye on G and A. . .standing immediately behind my seat.) The worst part was getting my luggage from customs and taking the trek out of the terminal. If you've ever arrived from an international flight into Phoenix, you know what I'm talking about. These seemingly endless walkways with an elevator ride in the middle. Not easy with 2 walking kids, 1 stroller and 2!!! luggage carts. I'm glad the stroller is easy to push and Guth can manage it on his own.

2) I was able to get my transcription equipment set up on the computer here at my moms and am all caught up with work. The best part? My boss emailed me today and asked me to take on more! YAY! I was hoping it would eventually get to be more work, but figured I would wait a couple of months to "prove" myself first.

3) We're all missing Kyle. He is spending his days at the hospital (Surgery rotation) in a small town outside of Guadalajara. I keep missing him when I call, so we haven't had a chance to talk much. I'm hoping that means he's studying up a storm and getting ready to kick A**;)

4) Guthrie is going to school here now. I feel kind of bad for him because he is definitely behind academically. I was pretty confused because I thought we had him all up to speed for normal kindergarten stuff. The teacher said that they've already completed their K-curriculum and the 2nd half of the school year is all 1st grade work. Yikes. I am pretty glad that we decided to come back at least for this part of the year. He can get caught up, and when we go back to Mexico I will insist that they put him in the next grade up so he doesn't fall behind again. He really loves school and his teacher. Yesterday we were walking by a jewelery store when we went to get valentines. He saw the diamonds and told me that we needed to buy his teacher a present. LOL. Ummm, not today dear.

5) Ashley made a surprise visit to Arizona! She is going to stay for a few weeks which means we are all going to be cramped. BUT - the girls have been playing all morning without a single fight, bicker or whine. I think Ainsley was just what the dr. ordered for Adeline. She was feeling pretty left out without a school to go to.

That's about it. I miss all my friends and moreso my husband. But, we're going to settle into a routine and hopefully the time will pass and life will go back to normal. :)

4 comments:

Serin said...

Sorry that you haven't been able to talk to Kyle :(

How fun that Ashley was able to come down! I'm sure you're kids are all having a blast together.

Update more often now :p

Dusty said...

Oh Hanna, you are such a trooper. I don't think I could ever travel with three small children. I am glad you made it. I know we aren't exactly around the corner but maybe once you are settled you should bring the kids and come over for the day or something. I would love to see you guys.

Mimi said...

we have to talk! I was wondering where to get my seats on the plane. What do you do when you go to the bathroom? Do you push the "help button" and wait for a flight attendant? I am a little anxious how to do the whole stroller/sling, 2 suit case thing for 19 hours. If you can do it with 3 I can certainly survive it with 2. \

Yay for little cousins.
How was the movie???

Melanie said...

Hey supermom... you're AMAZING!!!! I can just picture you walking down the long hallway trying to juggle kids and luggage (with small beads of perspiration dripping from your forehead no doubt). I seriously ache for you!!! I thought I had it bad when I traveled!!! But you did it and you are alive. Hope all is well in AZ. Keep in touch.