November 25, 2007

Random

I have so many little stories I've been wanting to record, and of course, most of them are long forgotten.

First of all, Adeline has been using a little bit of Spanish. Most of you know that we have been pretty sad that she hasn't picked up more in the last couple of years. Especially compared to Guthrie and his near-fluent abilities. Well, these last few weeks I've noticed her using the words she knows more often and even throwing in some new ones. We're still using our patience, but I think we might be on our way to that "explosion" that we keep hearing about. *crossing my fingers*

Guthrie's spanish is off the charts. He's started translating things for us. The other day he said, "Quiero comer a Manzana-Abejas!" It took me a while, but we realized he wanted to go eat at APPLEBEES!! AHHHH, it was hilarious! Every now and then I try to trip him up and test his skills, but he always shows me up. Today he was watching an episode of The Wonder Pets on Disney. He turns to me and asks if bunnies are good diggers. My favorite thing is to turn these random questions over to Kyle (just 'cause he loves it). So, I tell him to ask dad. . .in Spanish. The little booger doesn't even skip a bit. "Papa, los conejos son buenos para cavar?" UMMMM, how does he know this crap?

And of course, we have Sullivan. HE has been having a language explosion. Its really been a riot to watch him learning. I don't know why, but it never ceases to feel like a miracle to watch your baby grow up and learn. He says "cheese" for pictures, "want down", "ow", "buckle", "outside", and my favorite is that he seems to be calling me "Hanna." lol. Of course there are many more, but I won't bore ya'all with the details. ;) All you need to know is that we can't get enough of that kid. He is extremely playful and everyday he seems to grow more independent. I just love that point at the end of the day when he's tired and ready for snuggles before bed. I can't believe how big he is and I totally stare when he's sleeping in his crib. Believe it or not I've never had a kid this old still sleeping in a crib. We moved Guthrie out of his crib right before Adeline was born (he started climbing out.) and Adeline got kicked out unceremoniously when we moved to Guadalajara and couldn't fit the crib in the trailer. He seems so big sleeping in there, but we're in no hurry to get him out. I hope he's 3 and still hasn't figured out how to climb over that rail. lol.

Also today, Sully proved his resourcefullness. I guess Kyle wasn't quick enough to get him a drink of milk because the next thing he saw when he walked in the kitchen was Sullivan on the floor with a cup and the 1/2 gallon of milk. He actually poured himself a glass. He seriously opened the fridge, reached the cup and helped himself.

5 comments:

Serin said...

It still boogles my mind that your kids know so much Spanish. It makes since and all, but it's just amazingly awesome how smart kids are!

Third babies are great fun, I love reading about what Sully's up to. And I can't believe he got himself milk! :o lol

5littlenordstroms said...

Hey it is really great to see you posting again. It looks like you have been busy and having fun too.

Stoddard Studios said...

How fun. I can't believe that Guthrie is doing so well with his spamish. That is awesome! I wish Pete would teach Bryson. That's cool Addie is getting the hang of it too. That's crazy Sully helped himself to the milk. He's so cute.

Jon + Kat said...

hanna-how cute is your little family! so fun! I'm still floored that you have 3 kids though, and are still tiny . . . i hate you! I hope you are still dancing and teaching your little girl how to too!
-Katrina

Becky said...

Your kids are so cute. They're so sweet! You'll have to let us borrow Guthrie once in a while to help translate or TEACH us our Spanish. :)
Thanks again for all you did for Thanksgiving. You always go above and beyond. It was a great day.
* You never told us about your Christmas project...?*