April 16, 2007

6 weeks 'til birthday!



I was trying to find an old picture of Sullivan so I could marvel at how he's changed - and couldn't help but post this picture. Addie and Guff make me want to melt and that chubby, little baby gave me a jolt! I don't think Sullivan has grown at all since then! (Well, maybe a little longer) If anything, he has shrunk!

I want to take a comparison picture, so everyone can tell me I'm crazy, but my camera card is MIA. Hopefully Kyle knows where it is. *fingers crossed*

While he doesn't seem to be progressing size-wise, he's definitely learning new baby tricks everyday. He has recently mastered the art of clapping on demand. We just have to show some excitement and say "YAY!" and he'll mimic our "yay" and clap his hands. I can tell he wonders how he'll ever get his clap to be as loud as ours. Just keeping working on it, little guy!

I've been trying to show him little signs too. I sign "nurse" (which is just milk signed up by your mouth.), "want", "up", and a few others. So far, he uses only "want." He seems to "want" everything. I take this as a sign of his superior intelligence. He doesn't see the point in wasting energy on any other signs when basically they all indicate "wants" anyway, right?

He has also been able to stand for longer than half a second. By "longer" I mean closer to 1.5 seconds. We play this little game where I stand him up on his feet while I'm sitting on the ground in front of him. I let go and give him a surprised "AHH!" and then he falls into me and giggles the best baby giggle in the world. Every so often I'll let go and instead of leanign into me right away he will stand there and leave me in suspense just a second longer. *sigh* LOVE him!

Only 6 weeks until his 1st birthday. How on earth did it go so fast. I feel like he was just born - and like I just got over the trauma of being seperated from Kyle for 4 months. Its hard to look at this little person over here and realize he's the same baby that came into our lives back then. At the time I thought I'd never master the art of 3 kids - never be able to accomplish anything again, never feel like the same person! Little did I know. . .I was RIGHT! LOL! But seriously, he's been so much fun to have around. He's a great reminder that the dishes will still be there in the morning, but this day in his life will never come back around again.

One of the best parts of having him here has been his effect on Guthrie. G just DOTES on him. He loves being the one to entertain him when we're in the car. Some of Sullivan's best laughs have come floating up to Kyle and I in the front of the car thanks to Guthrie's talents. We couldn't have asked for a better big brother.

Adeline is wonderful too, although I'm not entirely convinced she wouldn't vote him off the island if we gave her the option. That's what makes her sweetness even more meaningful. She's nice to him in spite of her obvious disapproval of his arrival. The longer he's around, the more she grows to like him and I know the day will come when she'll appreciate the chance she has to be a big sister.

All in all things are good. There are times when I'll have Sullivan in the baby carrier on my back, Guthrie walking next to me, and Adeline in the stroller. . .suddenly I'll get hit with this panick like I'm missing one of them. Then I realize they're all here, safe, and happy and the feeling of contentment in those moments is priceless!

Okay, gush fest has to end so I can go break up the WWF-match that has erupted in the living room. Babies growing up makes me so sappy!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

someday when I decide I'm crazy to enough to want another child, you'll talk me down right?

Serin said...

I love the gush fest! The missing feeling means it's time for #4! LOL