June 11, 2010

Dr. Hunter

One of our last New York outings was to Valhalla to the New York Medical College campus to honor Kyle and the rest of his class in their completion of all the requirements for medical school, ECFMG certification, and residency entrance (aka "graduation".) I was worried about taking all the kids, but of course I wanted to be there - so they had to tag along. Luckily, it was an outdoor, relaxed affair. The speakers kept it short and sweet and the kids snuck out of the tent often to play. . semi-quietly.





Kyle taking the Hippocratic Oath.





I guess NYMC has some Catholic affiliation because they had a "hand anointing ceremony." Kind of sweet.

I'm a little sad that I didn't get better pictures, but it definitely wasn't easy to put myself in the right place at the right time for a photo opportunity while holding Truman and making sure the other kids didn't go absolutely crazy.

2 comments:

Serin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! To all of you! (why the heck am i getting teary-eyed? sheesh, you'd think i had a good excuse or something - and I DON'T!)

You have such a beautiful family!

Tanya Leigh said...

YAHOO!! How great that it was outdoors and more casual.