August 16, 2009

Photography class.

We (Ash, me, mom) are taking a little weekend photography class. We all have decent cameras, but none of us knew how to use them properly. It has been amazingly enlightening to learn how to manually manipulate our settings - and it has also given us all a new respect for photographers. After only one 4-hour lesson, we are all able to take a test shot and based on the result, change our settings to get a great picture. We still have more to learn about lighting, staging, composition, etc. - but I love that now we can take a picture and keep the focus only on our subject with the background out of focus. Supposedly our last class will show us some photoshop techniques to help us round out our skills.







6 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Those pictures are awesome! *some* day, I will definitely do that. What class is it?

Serin said...

Those are super cute pictures! I like your header too...although your mumblings aren't really from Mexico any more :p

Jill said...

Pretty nice pics. Only wish I could go toa class. I wish I had good skills

The Sullengers said...

How fun! I want to take a class too but Kash knows all that stuff, so I guess I should just have him teach me more! The problem is remembering it! Your babe is a doll!!!

5littlenordstroms said...

I'm totally jealous. I want to learn to take better pics.

Brandon and Mandy said...

Idea! You guys should teach a Passey Family Photography class to all us wannabes. That would be awesome!