May 24, 2008

Happy Birthday - kind of (and the saga of the scissors)

G's birthday is in the summer so they gave him his "special day" on Friday. They sang to him and acted like it was really his birthday. I'm not sure if he understood what the deal was, because when his teacher asked him what he got for his birthday, he proceeded to list off a few presents that he had apparently received. HA!





His little friends kept running to be in the pictures. They all wanted their chance to be frozen in time with the un-birthday boy. Kindergartners are so CUTE!

We are thinking of changing Addie's name to Eddie. This little girl + scissors = super short hair. At first I was fuming mad (sad). I had to cut most of the length off to even out the front that she butchered. As I was cutting she realized how short it was and started b.a.w.l.i.n.g. because "Ainsley is going think my hair looks ugly now!" Yeah, my heart went out to her. I tried to convince her that it was actually a REALLY cute hairstyle and perfect for summer because now "you won't be hot! *forced smile*" I already bought a few dozen headbands and we need to find her a little pair of earrings.

Excuse the bad picture - I took it with the laptop's webcam when she wasn't looking.

When I finally calmed down enough to search for the reason *why* she cut her hair, this was her response:
"Well Mommy, I was playing and put my head like this (chin to chest) and my hair got in my eyes and I hate that and Mommy, I just forgot to have you cut it."

How can I be mad at that??? The girl has an answer for everything! Seriously - everything.

10 comments:

5littlenordstroms said...

I know that mad sad feeling. Meridee's is finally evening out and getting long again but I suspect that it will still be another 6 months until it looks cute again. I just saw the cutest headbands that are supposed to stay put and not slip off. They were way too expensive so the girls and I are going to try and make some. We'll send you a couple if you want.

Dusty said...

I can't believe Guthrie will be turning six! CRAZY. That is a great story about the hair. Really, we need to plan a day and get together.

Serin said...

How have I not commented on this?? That's cute that Guthrie got a special day at school and all of his friends wanted to be in the pictures. :)

I love Addie's response, I guess self hair cuts are one thing I don't have to worry about here. :p

Tanya Leigh said...

My goodness, that is QUITE the reason :) ... So, you'll be watching out for those too-long bangs from now on, eh?? ;)

I can't believe Guth is nearly 6 either. But, uh, it looks like he's set w/ presents, so you can rest your mind about THOSE in July ;)

Mimi said...

Happy un-birthday Guthrie! so funny. Addie looks still very much like a girl. How about cute triangle/pink bandannas?

Stoddard Studios said...

HA HA HA! I love her response. What a funny girl. In that oicture it does look like she could go by Eddie. lol. The good news is that hair grows back! Yeah!

Becky said...

Oh what a sweetheart. I sure hope Ainsley said nice things about her new hairdo. :( I am just waiting for Lauren or Rissie to do the same - especially with R growing out her bangs - they're always in her face. At least we know it will grow, right?

And Happy Unbirthday to Guthrie. Kindergarteners really are SO cute!

Kizzy said...

oh i am so laughing out loud! i can't beleive she was worried about what ainsley would say. great answer too:)get some of those cute triangle bandanas, i think those will be really cute!!

paws said...

I also HATE to have my hair in my eyes. I think the cut is cute!

Krista said...

You know, i've been thinking about cutting my hair that short too. You can just call me Kris. LOL Anyway, Hanna yes!!! You are SO FREAKING funny. Whenever I can't sleep I know you're blog is good for something. It's almost 1 am and here I am. So, yah, how's that getting the kids together thing coming along now that you're on the other side of the PLANET! love ya.