October 22, 2007

Happy Trails!

Get your minds out of the gutter people! Sheesh! I'm talking about my upcoming trip to Arizona and not the *other* happy trail. You guys are SO Jr. High.

I took the plunge and booked plane tickets to Arizona for myself and the kids. I've been dancing back and forth about whether or not to go. Sullivan was my main stressor. I couldn't decide if I had the energy to deal with him on the flight (on my lap.) or not. I spent about an hour scrutinizing my options and the next thing Kyle knew, I was the proud owner of 3 coach tickets on a US Airways flight from Gdl to Phx (those are the actual codes in case you were wondering)

I've done more than my share of searches for good ticket prices. . .pretty much anytime something goes wrong here I can be found on travelocity.com weighing my options. The price usually convinces me to stay here and tough it out. Recently though, I was pleasantly surprised to find that November is a particularly good time to fly rountrip out of GDL. (Nope, it doesn't work the other way around, I also checked that.) Kyle thought it was pretty funny that I almost didn't go because I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with Sullivan on the plane; instead, I'm taking all 3 of them. Its a growing moment. How can I die happy if I can't claim that I've flown w/ my 3 kids alone?

Now that I have THAT to look forward to, I can focus on the upcoming events.

* Kyle and I are hosting the unofficial Halloween bash this year. Its not school-sponsored or anything, but we do have a pretty official wive's group here (I know, that's so NOT feminist chic). I'll be making the pumpkin bread bowls again to go along with our chili like last year. Pumpkin-shaped and pumpkin-colored; NOT pumpkin flavored. Between the bread bowls, decorating, grocery and supply shopping, and cleaning (or getting Lupita to come clean - kisses and hugs for her) it should be a busy-enough week. Party's on Friday.

Nothing else to jot down - kids are in bed - must do laundry - am I too young for carpal tunnel syndrome?
:)

5 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, you are very brave to take all three kids alone. Good luck! How long are you going to be here? We should get the kids together to play. Bryson and guthrie would probably hit it off. Guthrie sounds like such a funny little guy too. I love all the cute stuff he says to you. Glad you post it.

Good luck with your upcoming Halloween party. There are so many parties going on this year. I think I have 5 to go to. Crazy!

Ashley said...

Can I come to your party? I was only invited to a boozer so that's out :P

Serin said...

Dude, haven't you already flown alone with all three kids?? You're nuts! I'm debating whether I want to fly with my three kids AND Chris! (and I think I would totally chicken out and get Riley a seat so I wouldn't have to wrestle him :p)

Doreen said...

Good luck! It'll be worth it. I'd never see my family if I wasn't willing to wrestle all my kids by myself. It's exhausting, but I'm always glad I did it. Next year it's going to be 4 kids for me. Now I think that may be nearing my limits... :p

Jenn S. said...

Hooray for a trip home, and finding deals on tickets - so nice.

Halloween party sounds awesome, what are the Mexico Costco costume offerings du jour this year?