September 20, 2009

The last time for a long time.

I was going to say that today is the last time for a long time that I will wake up in my bed alone on a Sunday morning. . .but then I realized I wasn't actually alone this morning. Tru in his crib right next to the bed, Sully sleeping basically on top of my head, Adeline bouncing around when she comes in to say good morning, and Guthrie rounding it out by climbing up to turn on cartoons and lounge for a while. I pretended I was still sleeping for as long as possible, but it didn't actually fly. The real point is that this is the last Sunday that I will take four kids to church myself (though I have admittedly missed a lot in the last 6 weeks - sick, vacation, sick of vacation, sick of no husband, and sick respectively) and the last time I will take on the get-ready-for-Monday hysteria in the evening by myself. I cannot wait to share the bed (and burden) again. :p

Kyle has a burden of his own this week. He is spending his last week in New York finishing up his board exam study (Step 2 CK). I know he's stressed to the max, but I also know he is going to do great on the exam. He'll do the test on Thursday and get on a plane on Saturday morning, which will be the last time he ever lives in New York by himself! :P

He'll be doing an elective at Phoenix Baptist, followed by a 4-week study elective (Step 2 CS) during which we'll take two separate trips to Tijuana to get our little illegal immigrant legalized at the consulate there, followed by a 4-week pediatrics rotation that we're still working on getting set up. If you know of a pediatrician who would love to have one polite, spanish-speaking, hard-working, father of four, medical student shadow him for a month in his private clinic, be sure to let us know. :)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

what about nuances from new york? :P

Moore Fun said...

Glad you won't have to be alone for too much longer. How about The Hunter Happenings?

Serin said...

You did it! The end is so close, I'm so happy for you! I love how you describe not sleeping alone. ♥ And the only time I take four kids to church by myself is when I skep Sacrament. Then I get 2 hours with only one kid. ;)

Nancy said...

Does it have to be peds specific? Josh works in a fam practice that is usually pretty great about taking on students. We live in Gilbert. Give me a call 2083519689

Tanya Leigh said...

Dr. Agarwal, Desert Ridge Children's Center - Coy went there. Good luck!!

I am so excited for you to have a hubby again :) Hopefully we can meet up now!

Tanya Leigh said...

What?? you want a phone number???
480-585-5200
:)

and, by the way, I concur with the 2-3 yr old temperament. Shy is experiencing a similar bout. 3 is it, I guess. ;)