September 23, 2009

Any ol' Wednesday

It is the last Wednesday before Kyle comes home. Now whenever I do something, I think to myself that it is the last time I will do ___ before he comes home. I did my last load of white laundry before he comes home today. Today was our last early out Wednesday before he comes home. Tomorrow is my last day of work before he comes home. And so on, and so forth.

Sullivan thinks the coffee table is a pretty fine resting place. I usually find him there right after he wakes up in the morning, and right before he falls asleep at night. That's how I know he's tired. He's going through a grumpy phase. I lucked out to have him be so sweet and loving for three+ years. This just goes back to reinforce that the twos are tricky - but the threes really can be terrible. Its so hard seeing your happy, bubbly baby turn into a whiny little stinker for entire weeks at a time. I know it will pass, though, and thankfully he still has a few sweet moments - like when he's sleeping.

Little dude has mastered the art of sitting up. He can stay up for as long as he wants to now. He has also learned the grand art of the army crawl. He went from relatively immobile (except for some strategic rolling) to full-blown mischievous in just a few days. I never know where he'll be if I go away and come back into a room. I can hardly believe I have to baby proof again! Its been quite a while (in my warped sense of time) since we've had a teeny tiny trouble maker around.



She's just cute. :)


Guthrie did his first big project this week. He had to write a 1-page report on Pennsylvania and then make a poster with some of the highlights. He worked harder than I have ever seen him work before and I was thrilled to see him finding that happy sense of accomplishment.

They're just cute.

Okay Kyle - you can come home now.

P.S. If you click on the picture of G you can see his poster pretty well. Its kind of funny - check it out.

P.P.S. Guthrie has a hard time giving me a normal smile for pictures. He actually managed a pretty decent smile in these pictures with NO coaching at all.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE the poster and love the pictures of your babies. Tru is getting so big and is unbelievably cute. I just can't believe how grown up your three eldest look!

Ashley said...

I'm going to miss you when kyle comes :(

Serin said...

I'm just gonna echo your comments about emailed blog posts being bad news for comments. HOWEVER, I figured out if you (or I) just hit reply it goes straight to me (or you). So it doesn't get puslished on the blog, but at least we can see each others thoughts. ;)

Anyway, your kids are adorable! I love Guthrie's poster, that's an impressive project for his age!

Hope you are enjoying your hubby :-*

paws said...

Your baby got big in a flash! He's cute, cute, cute. :)

Becky said...

I haven't blogged for a while, so it's nice to see you are all still alive and well. I can't believe Truman is already so big.
I wish I had known that the phase of sweetness to grumpiness DOES end. It would have made adding another to the mix and moving to Mexico a slightly smoother transition! ;)
Your kids are still just as cute as ever!
Take care.