April 20, 2009

Back to Work!

I remember several months ago (seems like a lifetime) commenting to Kyle that I would probably only need a few days off from work. I mean, I sit on my butt and type for a living - how much postpartum recovery does a person really need to get that done? It turns out that I was physically ready to work long before I was mentally or emotionally ready - and it only took me a few days postpartum to figure that out.

Today is the day that I promised to return - and as I just told Ashley - I'm not dead yet. :p The True-ster has napped quietly for the last few hours, Sully is playing with (allegedly) sick Adeline, and I've already done enough work that if I don't get anything else done for the rest of the day, I can call it good.


I realize today that this picture, taken a week ago, is already outdated. All that hair on top has fallen out and he has baby zits galore. I still think he's adorable. ;)

Truman was a month old yesterday! It was the longest shortest month of my life. I wish I could have it back, but I'm REALLY glad its gone. If you've had a baby any time in the last millenium, I'm sure you can relate.

He is just a DOLL. The kids all love him. *I* mega-love him. Kyle is searching for the perfect nickname for him. . .so far he is kicking around "Trumagotchi". I told him it won't stick, but I said that about Sullivan's nickname too - and now I call him "Boulevard" all the time. Don't ask me how Kyle came up with Boulevard for my little Sullimander. :p

I'm too far behind on real blogging to actually catch up. The short version: Easter was fun. Easter breakfast with friends. Missed a bunch of church. Kids have been sick WAY more than is fair for their mommy with a new baby. Spring Break was a lot of fun. I'm glad its over.

Picture from the Easter breakfast. Adeline woke up SICK. Kyle stayed home with her while I took the boys. I still haven't decided who got the better end of the deal. I think it was possibly me. I had three kids - but HE had to clean up throwup.

Only 39 days until we leave. WHATTT?? Yup - 39 more days and we leave our ex-pat life behind. I'm worried we have a serious adjustment phase ahead of us. I mean, we haven't used real cell phones in like. . . 4years. Will the preschoolers make fun of us for not knowing how to text?? The horror.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I will survive!!!! (sang in my best fat black lady's soulful voice)

Meg said...

Congrats on your newest bundle of joy. Your birthing story was amazing! You are one strong girl :-)