December 5, 2008

Worst Blogger Alert!

I know a few people who did the post-a-day in November. I guess I went for the opposite approach and didn't post at all.

The Highlights:

* We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with our friends, the Sanders. Our kids + their kids = a lot of fighting on this particular day, but the food was wonderful and it definitely felt like a festive day.

* Guthrie lost another tooth (or two, I can't remember which tooth was the last one.) He now has a giant gap where three teeth used to occupy his top row. Its pretty darn funny to look at. Too bad he didn't wait a little longer to lose them because he would have really been toothless at Christmas. As it is, I think they'll grow in before the actual Christmas day arrives.

* We celebrated Addie's birthday with a few friends at Peter Piper. She is SOO happy to finally be 5, although she just told her Grandpa last night that now she can't wait to be 6 like Guthrie. Slow down, little missy!

* I'm an 80-year-old and have a newfound nerve pain problem in my left wrist. I made an appointment to have it checked out next week and hope they can help. Its getting seriously hard to work with this crazy pain in my wrist, not to mention that it causes some hot/cold sensations to come up at any moment.

* We had an impromtu garage sale that encouraged us to clean and organize our whole house. We ended up filling the back of the expedition and the entire second seat with random items for sale. Kyle drove it to the sale location and realized we were the only ones there. No problem - he couldn't even unload it fast enough and we made a nice chunk of change - not to mention the bonus of not having any of that junk in our house anymore. We feel pure.

* We're packing up and heading out to Arizona today!! We usually try to leave in the afternoon and make it as far as Mazatlan before stopping for the night (5-6 hours), but Kyle is feeling saucy and wants to push for Culiacan instead (8ish hours?) If we make it that far, tomorrow's drive will go a little faster and we will get to my mom's house in time to say hi and visit before crashing. We are SO excited to be going home to see everyone.

* Kyle and I are flying to NY next Thursday to interview for his pre-internship. We will be staying in a little town about 1.5 hours north of NYC, which also happens to be near the town that we're hoping to live in. It turns out that they opened a new hospital and the cost of living willl be so much more manageable. (Kingston, NY). I hope the town turns out to be a decent little place and somewhere we can be happy for one little year.

* The following week we are taking our kids to Disneyland for the first time ever. They are so excited, but I don't think they can be nearly as excited as Kyle and I are to see their cute little faces light up. Thankfully, we had my mom and sister snag us a new digital camera on Black Friday, so we can actually capture the moment to share with the world.

I just realized in typing this that I didn't pack swimsuits for any of us - MUST RUN!

Next post will be from American soil!

2 comments:

Nash said...

Ok I don't think my comment worked.
Hope your drive goes well.
Can't wait to see you.
Thanks for your comment. Today is a much harder day than yesterday. Too many emotions.

Kizzy said...

I am so glad you are here! And Oh My Gosh! you know what I am talking about and I am not going to say it on the blog, but WOW! I am so excited to go to NEW YORK next Christmas! It is going to be so much fun!!