December 31, 2008

Baby Blue

We had an ultrasound yesterday and found out that we are having our third boy! It was my first time having a 3D ultrasound and WOW. It was amazing and adorable at the same time. He was adorably using my(or is it his?) placenta as a pillow, which somewhat obstructed our view of one side of his face and his arm was shielding the other. A few times we got him to wiggle out of that position and we were able to see that he looks like Sullivan! He has Sullivan's (and therefore Kyle's) nose and chin and mouth. I can't wait to see the rest of him in person and see if the baby at least inherited my hands or feet or legs or ears or something. He already looked so rounded out - so I'm sure he'll be another 9-pounder+. (Plus I'm eating enough for quadruplets ;) Darn holidays.)

We head home on Friday and I'm crossing my fingers that two sick kids and one sick husband recover from their ummmmmm, glamorous illness in time to make the drive uneventful. I'm also praying that Sullivan and I are somehow spared from the horror at least until we get home and can throw up (and down) in comfort. Heeeeeeeere's hoping!

4 comments:

Cheri C said...

Hanna! I am so excited for you! Congrats on your the news of another baby boy on the way! Your kids are all so beautiful, this world could use a few more!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Boy #3!

Serin said...

Awww, I'm partial to baby boys ♥ I'm so happy that he looks perfect! Tanner was in that same position on his 3D ultrasound. Where are the pictures btw??

Sorry about all the sickies!

Barnes Blog said...

I totally feel you on the eating part. Both of my pregnancies have been around the same time, all the Holidays. It is NOT possible for me to only gain 25 to 35 pounds.
I have never had a 3D, I've heard they are so cool.
For some reason I don not remember you being pregnant. I must just have no brain, or I am left out of the loop more than I thought.