July 6, 2012

Addie's 8th Birthday!



















Adeline turned 8 in December 2011.  She was so excited for this birthday because I had promised she could have a friend party.  I always hesitate to have a bunch of kids I don't know come over and I am definitely not ready for the slumber party experience, but I played along anyway.  We invited neighborhood girls and a few of our friends from around town to spend a few hours with us on a Friday night.  We ordered pizza, ate cake and ice cream, watched the movie "Matilda", and I personally gave every girl a little manicure/pedicure.  I had no idea how time consuming it would be to paint 10 little girls fingers and toes, but in the end they were really excited about it. 


Saylea (sp?) gave Adeline tickets to the Nutcracker, so the next day Adeline and I headed out for a girl's day with friends.  Pepper didn't come with us, but she was sad enough to chase us out the door and join us for a picture.

Adeline was baptized by her dad on December 4, 2011.  Her birthday landed right on Sunday and she requested that we make it happen that day.  We are so proud of the little girl she is. 

No comments: