April 18, 2011

Kid Stuff

#1 At some point in Penelope's first few months of life, her nickname was shortened/modified from Pepper to Peppy and finally to Pepsi. Then it became a joke to call her "Diet Cherry Pepsi," 'cause I love that almost as much as I love her. Now she can be called any one of a dozen nicknames.

This morning I asked Kyle to ask Guthrie to bring me a Pepsi (at 6:30 in the morning, in case you were wondering). Guthrie came downstairs holding a can of Diet Pepsi with a really confused look on his face (it was realllly early). He put the can on my desk and then looked at me and waited for some kind of response. I stopped working, took hold of the can, and told him "Thank You!!" He looked relieved and said, "Oh good! I thought dad meant I should bring you the baby."

#2 Sullivan has had a world of ear trouble. We noticed he seemed hard of hearing over the last year or so, but it wasn't until the pediatrician noticed that he always seemed to have fluid in his ears and finally sent us to an ENT that we realized there might actually be a problem. We spent several months trying to get the fluid to resolve naturally and get his hearing up to par, but finally resorted to having tubes put in. We have noticed a world of difference!

The other day Guthrie and Sullivan were trying to have a conversation while in two separate rooms with Mario playing loudly in the background. Guthrie called something out to Sullivan several times. Each time Sullivan would yell back, "What?!" Finally Guthrie was fed up and walked into the room saying, "You got those tubes in your ears, but you're still deaf!" Sullivan looked at Kyle with a concerned expression and said, "You're right. Daddy, I got these tubes and I'm still deaf. What a rip off!?"

My 4-year-old is so eloquent.

#3 Adeline brought home a short essay titled "If I were queen for a day. . ." Hers said, "If I were queen for a day, I would tell people what to do and RULE THE WORLD and ask my mom to get me whatever I want!"

She would RULE the world, but she would still have to ask her mom for things. We're raising her right! :)


1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love your kids! I can't wait for them to come hang with their Aunt Ashley this summer. We're going swimmin' baby! :)