January 28, 2011

Do I have to catch up?

There is a blank of unimaginable proportions here that probably will never get filled in. I blogged about Pepper's birth. . .and now she's six months old. Choo choo will be TWO in 7 weeks. Sully has completed a whole half a year of Pre-K (hahah, a whole half. I really talk/think like this, people.) Guthrie and Addie started and love their school and are excelling and blossoming in a way that would make any mother sappy and proud to have any part of them. Kyle started and completed his first half-year of residency. We've even been part of the round of interviews to fill the positions for the NEXT year of residency (by "we", I mean that I got to go to some free dinners and smile and talk about the education system in Wisconsin). The majority of our conversations now center around a)home improvements, b)future job opportunities, and c)attempts to remember the last time we had a full night's sleep. I am still figuring out the juggling of 5 little mini-us's, working part-time (at night or in the wee hours of the morning - usually the morning, 'cause I love my lazy evenings), and settling into Wisconsin life. Snow is cool.

I am *so* grateful January came around and love the chance to whip up a new batch of self-improvement goals. I can't say them out loud, though, 'cause that is definitely jinxing it. The short version is a more positive, less judgmental, more nurturing Hanna. The long version would just bore you.

Project: Blog/Journal 2011 has begun.

11 comments:

Dusty said...

go Hanna. I read your blog when you blog:) I am excited to hear about your cute family and life in Wisconsin. Show us some pics of those cute mini you's.

Serin said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!!! I should've put you on my "I love you but you suck at updating your blog" list, but I just couldn't do it!

I've been reading my old journals and it's making me miss you tons! Pictures, pretty please? ;;)

Serin said...

oo, you could rename you blog "Wisconsin Whatevers" lol

Jon + Kat said...

I'm still blown away with your home births! I think your crazy, but it works for you, so why not! I would also love to see pictures of your mini-me's! Do any of your daughter's dance yet? You know they will be amazing!

Ashley said...

Wisconsin Whatevers, I love it!

Tanya Leigh said...

Welcome Back, Hanna! - I recently rejoined the blog-ranks, too. My theory. Don't worry about writing what you skipped, just start with now and go from there.

The other way around is just depressing. ;)

Good luck with your goals! I love a fresh start.

Tanya Leigh said...

Wait. Did I catch you calling your little girl Pepper??

I love it. :)

Barnes Blog said...

I am ridiculously happy to see that you are back. I miss you. I want to see you guys agin, but I know you are busy. We have a break coming up....not sure what plans you have, or what plans we have for that matter, but it'd be fun if our paths could cross.
Love ya!

Barnes Blog said...

BTW, I like Serin's suggestions for your bloggity blogs name.

Melanie said...

Glad you're back! You'll have to write a book review when you're done with Nurture Shock. I'm thinking about doing the same. Miss you!

Mimi said...

finally! dug up the blog from under that snow? Good to see you ;)

How did it ever work out with the Christmas present. All the people I knew were out of town. Did it work?